1. After you have logged in to MyTax, select the Tax cards and prepayments link under Tax card and prepayments 2023 on the home page.
2. Click Request a new tax card.
3. Click Select the complete tax card request.
If you are reporting only travel expenses, you can also select a short request.
4. Go through the stages of the request and enter new or changed details.
Note that when you report a deduction for your tax card, you will also have to change your income details. You can adopt Incomes Register information in the Pre-completed income and deductions stage, for example.
5. If you have filed travel expenses previously for your tax card or prepayments, you can see them in the Pre-completed income and deductions stage. Correct details, if necessary, in this stage.
Otherwise move on to Other deductions. First select Yes under Travel expenses, and then click Add new travel expense.
Select Commute as the type of travel, and select the means of transport.
- If you are filing travel expenses by public transport, enter the following:
- address details
- daily travel distance
- period of travel
- amount of travel expenses.
- If you are filing travel expenses for trips using your own car or a company car, also enter the following:
- grounds for using private transport
- vehicle from drop-down list
- number of travel days.
Finally, click OK.
If you have received employer-subsidised commuter tickets or bicycle benefit, select Yes and enter the value of the benefit.
Article is closed for comments.