What is the issue or what is changing regarding the reimbursement of travel expenses? We have received guidance from the Tax Administration stating that, under the current circumstances, tax-exempt reimbursement of travel expenses cannot be provided to food delivery courier customers. Therefore, FREE.fi has temporarily ceased the payment of these reimbursements starting from July 1, 2023.
Under what conditions can travel expenses be reimbursed in the future? You can either apply for a new tax card that takes travel expenses into account or deduct the travel expenses in your final taxation according to the guidelines provided by the Tax Administration. In this regard, you should directly contact the Tax Administration and find out the conditions under which they grant deductions for travel expenses.
1. Login to MyTax and go to section “All tax types”.
2. Go to section “Income tax” and to “Tax cards and prepayments”.
3. Select “Request a new tax card”.
4. “Select the complete tax card request”.
5. Select “Other deductions”.
6. Select “Travel expenses” and “Add new travel expense”.
7. Select “Other than commute”.
8. Select “”temporary business trips and travel in special sectors”.
9. Select “Other than public transport”.
10. Fill the information and select the vehicle you use when doing deliveries.
11. Fill in the address and asked information.
12. Fill the time period.
13. Fill the required field and add PDF-files. (Driversnote report for example).
14. Press ok and order yourself a new tax card for 2023 with travel expenses informed to Tax Authorities.